Why it is important to use sunscreen
The human skin needs some sunlight to produce vitamin D for better calcium absorption, but exposing it while unprotected could cause premature aging and even lead to cancer. UVB rays are cancerous, while UVA rays make the skin wrinkle, age, lose elasticity, and increase the effects of UVB rays.
How SPF works
Sun protection factor (SPF) is a measure of how much protection a sunscreen offers on the skin to prevent sun damage. A higher SPF rating in your sunscreen means higher protection against the UV rays. Sunscreen is safe for you to wear daily and necessary for you to retain healthy skin and slow down its aging process.
You should wear sunscreen on every part of your body that does not get covered by your clothes. Wear it 15 minutes before going outside, even if your makeup has SPF. How often you reapply sunscreen depends on how long you stay outdoors and your activities. You can also visit a medspa in Toronto for expert skin services.
How to choose the best SPF
• Choose a sunscreen labeled SPF 30 and above.
• When you go swimming or do activities that make you sweat, choose a water-resistant sunscreen. The sunscreen should specify how long its protection lasts in water.
• A sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection protects you against UVA and UVB rays.
Why you should wear your sunscreen daily
Wearing sunscreen should be part of your daily self-care in Toronto. It has the following benefits:
• Shield your skin from sunburn. Unprotected sun exposure causes painful sunburn on the skin, which can cause serious skin damage.
• Reduce signs of aging. Sunscreen protects your skin's connective tissues and collagen and prevents it from losing its elasticity, thus maintaining a youthful appearance.
• Reduce the appearance of sunspots. Sunspots, or age spots, are caused by unprotected exposure to UV rays and make your skin appear aged. They occur due to hyperpigmentation and appear as dark spots on exposed parts.
• Lower the risk of getting skin cancer. Sunscreen reduces your chances of getting skin cancer, whose top cause is UV rays.
• Prevent breakage of blood vessels. UV rays could make your blood vessels start thinning, leading to their breakage. Thinned or broken blood vessels lead to bruises and bleeding.
Active Crystal is the place where you can go with any request and problem. If you want to treat your skin and make it healthier - don't hesitate to contact us! We're always glad to help you.